At Gemstone Grass Fed Beef, we’re lucky to come from a family of outstanding cooks. We’ve received many requests for our delicious family recipes, so today we’re pleased to feature:
Gramma Berg’s Meat Sauce
Skip the jar and treat your family to an authentic recipe! Gramma Berg’s meat sauce is a family favourite that’s used for spaghetti, or on a bun for sloppy joes. Also, it tastes great cold as a sandwich the next day!
Some recipes stand the test of time and carry with them a lot of great memories! We hope your family will create wonderful memories around Gramma’s sauce too!
- 2 lbs grass fed ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped + ½ each red and yellow pepper
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- Salt and lots of pepper (to taste)
- Fry beef, peppers, celery and onion together in a lightly oiled pan until beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add minced garlic, tomato soup, brown sugar and white vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste)
- Simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay up-to-date with all of our pro tips, recipes, and upcoming events!